Our Masons Can Take Care Of All Foundation Repairs & Offer Expert Basement Waterproofing Systems
The foundation of the home is the most important part, and when built properly, it should be strong enough to support the home for years and years. But sometimes, even if it’s built properly, damage can occur. If there is damage to your foundation, it’s incredibly important that you have it repaired ASAP. Some signs of foundation damage include:
- Cracking Bricks – Cracking brick can be a result of many things, like water damage, but can also be a sign that your foundation is in trouble. You’ll want to be particularly aware of any horizontal cracks or cracks in the mortar with a large gap.
- Sticking Windows Or Doors – When a window or door that used to open and close easily no longer does, it could be a sign of foundational damage.
- Chimney Is Pulling Away From The House – When a house’s foundation settles and shifts, it can cause the chimney to sink or pull away from the house. This can be a very serious problem, but one that we would be able to identify.
- Cracking Walls – Although some cracking may be expected as a house settles, cracking walls can be a solid sign of foundational damage. You’ll want to particularly pay attention to any cracks around windows, door frames, or where walls and ceilings meet.
The best thing you can do as a homeowner is seek professional advice as soon as you notice any of these things.
What Can Be Done If There’s Damage To My Foundation?
There are a variety of methods and materials used to repair damaged or settling foundations, and our experts know which methods and materials are best for each specific instance.
We’ll evaluate your home’s foundation and make recommendations for how to best restore your foundation. We know that you value your family’s safety and your investment in your home, and we’ll do everything possible to help you protect both. We’ll make sure your foundation is strong once more.
We Can Also Help Keep Your Basement Dry With Basement Waterproofing
Whether you have drainage problems around your home or not, keeping water out of your basement and foundation can be a challenge. But with Oosting Construction, LLC., it doesn’t have to be. We specialize in basement waterproofing and can offer several solutions for keeping water out of your basement for the long haul. Our methods are proven to work and are designed to offer maximum protection at a reasonable price.
How Does Water Get Into My Basement?
Water typically enters the basement through cracks or holes in the foundation or masonry of the home. If you’re experiencing leaks in your basement, our waterproofing experts will evaluate your home and pinpoint where the water is making its entry.
But you don’t have to wait for signs of water to take action – waterproofing is preventive, too! We can safeguard your basement against water before you have a water problem on your hands. And trust us when we say: prevention is much more affordable than major repairs!
Interior & Exterior Waterproofing
Basement waterproofing can be tackled from many angles, but it is all essentially broken down into interior and exterior methods:
- Interior Waterproofing Methods – The best way to keep water from damaging the interior of your basement is to have interior drains and a quality sump pump installed. There are a variety of basement water control systems available and our experts are familiar with all of the best options. We’d be more than happy to discuss how these systems can help protect you and your basement!
- Exterior Waterproofing Methods – The best way to keep water from damaging your exterior is to make sure that your gutters and downspouts are working properly and directing water away from the home. We’ve seen countless water problems caused when faulty gutters dump water directly onto the masonry of the home or at the base of the home. Whatever drainage solutions you need, we can help.
Protect Your Basement Today With Oosting!
Whether you’ve noticed signs of water in your basement or damage to your foundation or not, taking the steps to professionally waterproof your home and protect your foundation is one of the smartest investments you can make. It’s an incredibly cost-effective way of ensuring that your belongings stay dry and your home maintains its structural integrity well into the future. For more information on our basement waterproofing services and foundation repair services or to request an appointment, please give us a call at 201-447-0787 or click here!